Friday, February 19, 2010

Pulling an "Amy"

Do you have a characteristic that is unique about you?  Something that you're friends identify as purely you?   A quirk that makes you special?  Trust me when I say that I have many.  Other people have them too (I call it "Part of my charm").

My so-called "friends" have been talking about pulling an "Amy" lately.  I would like to think that it is because I am nice, social, friendly, driven, smart... (ok so those aren't really praticaly, but I think you get there I'm going).  But instead of being something like that... it revolves around my "grace" (I should say... lack thereof).

Here is an example of what  friend said:

Friend:   OH!!! and then i had a total amy moment
Me: an Amy moment?
Friend: i was walking out of the interview, and the streets were super snowy and icy because it was still snowing (i think chicago got 5 or 6 that day, which i know is nothing compared to dc) but it was slippery and dave was pulling up to the corner to pick me up, and there was a cop pulled off on the side of the road right behind him
Friend: and as i stepped on what i thought was the curb, my feet FLEW out from under me. i fell on my hip, and slid a bit.
Me: classic Amy move... the real art of it is in the recovery (just pretend it never happened and continue walking)
Friend: i totally did just that!
Me:  I have a few bruises from the blizzard... I like to blame rockne... but it is just me and my lovely grace
Friend: i got up, smiled, got in the car, and acted like it was all good. Dave[husband] could NOT stop laughing
Me: I bet Dave was laughing at you because it reminded him of MOI!
Friend: no, i think he was laughing because i looked like an idiot and because a cop saw me
Me:  and I'm not sure if it is good or bad that when people fall, they think of me (guess it is just part of my charm)
Friend: it's soooo good amy! part of your charm!

I'm not sure what it says about me that my friends associate falling and tripping with pulling an "Amy".  My new goal will be to switch pulling an "Amy" from grace to brains.

I have a new mission.  This is my second post on pulling an Amy... clearly I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: