Monday, June 8, 2009

Catch Phrase - It's Part of My Charm

I remember the exact moment that I said this. I was coming home from Rosey's wedding, I was tired, hung over, and generally punchy. My then boyfriend, fortunately driving, and we were having a discussion. I'm not exactly sure what we were discussing, but I could tell that he was annoyed at my response. So I just looked over at him and said... "It's part of my charm". My statement quickly defused the situation and we couldn't stop laughing.

Now it is becoming everyday vocabulary among people that know me. It is taken to meaning that whatever annoys you about someone probably is what makes them unique and at the end of the day, if the person didn't have that trait, then they wouldn't be who they are. Hence, "Part of his charm".

I am finding, however, that people tend to say or think that's part of his charm when they are really frustrated with someone. Regardless, I find that it is a great way to appreciate someone because we all have our quirks and that is what makes us charming!

Remember, when someone frustrates you... "It's just part of her charm!"

No comments: