Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Dating Hives

Seriously, this can only happen to me.  My friends have been pressuring me (in a polite yet firm fashion) to start dating again.  Those of you who know me, know that I am opposed to dating.  I don't want to get into all of the reasons here, but it boils down to three things, I don't have time, I don't want to, and I just want to be me.  Pretty simple.

Anyway, on Saturday (when I was supposed to be hosting an amazing pub crawl), I modified our event and we just went drinking around Dupont Circle after the pub crawl (due to Snowmageddon... evil evil Snowmageddon).  Well... this is where it gets fun.

A guy who asked me on a date showed up (because I invited anyone and everyone to the pub crawl).  And I think he thought that is was a date, when it wasn't.  If you know me, you know that I am fairly social, like to talk to a lot of people, and bounce around groups.

Well, this guy didn't know anyone, showed up without a wingman, and I felt like I had to talk to him (not necessarily a bad thing, just not the right setting). I spent the night "entertaining" him (a.k.a. talking) and missed out on talking with the rest of my crew.

When I got home and was covered in hives... they lasted for days.. I am chalking it up to the fact that I felt pinned down, I couldn't be myself, and it was a pseudo date.

I guess this means that I'm not dating for a while.  One step (baby step) forward, two steps (GIANT steps) back.

Lesson Learned: I think I'm allergic to dating!

3 comments:

Princess Park said...

bahahaha this is the story that just gets better every time i hear about it. witnessing it wasn't enough hahahaha! do you really think he thought it was a date? he must have thought you were a total alcoholic inviting him on a pub crawl first date! hahaha maybe he'll come to pub crawl round two ? heehee

Amy O'Connor said...

Sooooooooo not invited to round two!

I am still flaberghasted.

I can't make this stuff up.

Rosey said...

I love that you have hives from dating.

I sorta didn't believe that stress could cause hives, but I looked it up and apparently, it can. So can codeine and saliva... sounds like a good time.