Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wait, what?

So in another one of my horrible decisions, I went on a date in the middle of brunch with friends, in the middle of March Madness.

The day started out as follows - I meet my friend and her friend for brunch at Front Page.  Everything is going well, we're laughing, we're eating, we're watching basketball. Then I realized that I scheduled a quick "date" with a guy.  He was over 40, but liked NFL, was a diver.  This had potential.

Then the horror.  Indiana University was playing during this time.  No problem, we'll meet at a sports bar.  Problem is.  He isn't a basketball fan.  And it isn't that he wasn't an IU basketball fan.  He had no idea what March Madness was.  He didn't know what a bracket was.

My reaction when I had to explain to him the bracket system:


The result, I left as soon as humanly possible and met my friends at a proper sports bar to cheer on the Hoosiers.

I mean seriously?!?  What human living in the United States doesn't know what a bracket is?

No comments: