Saturday, March 30, 2013

Standards

I try to be an open person.  Willing to try and accept new things.  Then I realized... I have to have some standards.

Since when are men so... so... well I don't know what.  After a few recent dating escapades, I've realized that I need to implement the following standards when it comes to going out with someone.
  1. Must offer to pay for dinner / drinks / coffee.  It is just the gentlemanly thing to do.  Don't worry about it, I'll offer to pay my fair share, or treat you to drinks later, but chivalry. Well... it is a good thing.
  2. Must have a job and / or actively looking for a job.  I realize the market may be tough, but I am not a sugar mamma. 
  3. Must have basic sports knowledge.  I'm talking BASIC.  Must know what March Madness is.  Must know what a bracket is.  Must know the difference between a tight end and wide receiver.  I'm not asking for much.  I'm not even asking for them to know the difference between SLG and OBP stats in baseball.  Just BASIC sports stuff. 


You would think that these standards are pretty basic.  Well, let me tell you, apparently they are pretty high. Who knew that basic rules about being a dude would have to be enforced.  And, for the record, it isn't just me.  I've talked with other girlfriends and they've noticed the same thing. 

Perhaps it is just the guys in DC.  Perhaps I need to move to find guys willing to meet my minimum standards.  Hmmm... pondering thoughts.

No comments: