Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Restless Life Syndrome

Sometimes I wonder why I can't sit still. Is it because I'm an extrovert and like to be around people? Is it because I am vastly more productive in life? Is it because I've stopped sleeping because my mind doesn't stop working? Am I getting adult ADHD (not likely since I actually finish things that I start)?

Instead of restless leg syndrome, I think I have restless life syndrome.  I randomly move around. I can't just sit on the couch and watch a movie. I generally can't relax. Is this because I see some many things that I want to accomplish in life and am driven and actually want to make a difference? That is apparently the million dollar question.

For now, I am going to call it restless life syndrome.  I just have too many things going through my head. Maybe they'll start making a pill for that one too.

In the end I think it is a good thing.  I go on mile long walks with my dog (who doesn't always appreciate it).  It keeps me driven and motivated.  But sometimes it leaves me dissatisfied with what I can do.  It also pisses me off because sometimes I just want to sit down and watch a movie and nothing else.

No comments: