Sunday, August 15, 2010

Childhood Innocence

I was listening to my ipod the other day and a song from Dirty Dancing came on. It made me reminence about when I first saw the movie.



I remember wanting to be Baby and I remember how gorgeous Patrick Swayze was. I remember trying out all of the dance moves (yes, even the one with the lift in the water) and thinking I was awesome.

But it wasn't until a few years ago when I re-watched the movie that I realized there was a whole issue about abortion tied into the movie. Apparently I was a naïve child (guess that is / was a good thing).

All of a sudden, the movie was completely different and had more meaning (although not much more) than just a bunch of pretty people dancing around.

Anyway, just remember... No one puts Amy in a corner.

No comments: