Monday, April 5, 2010

The festering

First of all, apologies for the serious blogs lately. I will be moving these over to my other site... The Contemporary Braintrust, so please look for them there. Before I do, I had to let you know about my festering problem.

I have been thinking about how to affect change in this country. Sure... You can call me idealistic, but I call myself stubborn. I've been thinking about the many problems in our country, but not just thinking about them and getting overwhelmed, but thinking about how to fix them.

I haven't been able to sleep.

I even bought some beach reads for my weekend trip and wasn't able to read them. I had to write. I had to write out my ideas and my action plan for how to start my revolution. The revolution (well revolution is probably too strong of a word)... The enlightenment of my generation. A generation who is selfish, entitled, lazy, and a generation who can defy all of these prejudices.

I look at my life's mission from several different angles. When it comes to changing things, I believe you can create, amplify, comment, and act.

Did I mention that I haven't been sleeping?

My mother is surely reading this and probably thinking that I take too much on. This is probably true, but if I don't push myself how do you know what you can achieve?

Anyway, I had to get these things off my chest. I'll be back to blogging about the random stuff in life soon.

No comments: