Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adventure to the Grocery during Snowmageddon

The Federal Government has been closed for days, the whole city is shut down, metro isn't even running.  So what did I decide to do?  I decided to go check out the grocery store.  When I got there, here is what I found.

As a quick side note, my grocery store is called the Soviet Safeway because they are always out of things... but this is ridiculous.  When I say they are out of things, I mean they will be out of all bread or ketchup (not just your favorite brand).

The dairy and yogurt section:



The eggs... I mean... shelves where eggs used to be.


Protein (they only had steak, which is not a hot commodity when you can't grill)


Check out the produce (all they had were a bunch of garlic bulbs)

P.S. - I heard that the lines were 20 people long about 2 hours after left.  I can imagine why, there wasn't anything there.

P.P.S.- Best quote ever from my dad....   "Obama obesity campaign is off to a good start in DC, there is nothing in the grocery stores to buy. The guys timing is impeccable." I love it.  I laughed out loud when I read it.

1 comment:

StLmom said...

Right there with you, Amy -- a couple of hours south in Charlottesville we've had the same scenario - I haven't ventured out on my own for a week and during the high winds kept waiting for the crash of a tree falling on my house. Stay warm and safe! Spring's just around the corner. Right? :)