Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update from Snowmageddon

For those of you not "stranded in the city", I thought that I would share some of my Snowmageddon experiences with you.  I'll start from the beginning.

View from my window:

All is quiet on Friday before the storm hit.  The next morning, I can't even find the car that was there the night before.





















Rockne and I decided to venture outside, not because we wanted to, but because someone really had to go.  I couldn't even open the door to my place.  It took both of us pushing.  The snow is up to Rockne's head (and it was still snowing).  I had to push him down the stairs... our adventure begins. 







We then went exploring around the neighborhood and discovere some facisnating things.  The first... coffee shops.  My mom's favorite,"Firehook Bakery" was open.  Starbucks, not so much.
















Rockne and I were walking around and discovered that a tree fell down.  The snow was so heavy that it uprooted an entire evergreen.  There is actually a car under the tree.  Because we were only one of the only people out, I called 311 and reported it to the city.  Later in the day, I saw them cutting i up.  Rockne had a hard time trying to find a place to go to the bathroom.  Fortunately, my neighbors were out shoveling bright and early.  If you look closely, you can see that the snow is twice as high as Rockne.


 Here are a few other pictues of my condo and Dupont Circle.  Rockne did not enjoy trying to climb back up the stairs.  I was lucky, I had him to pull me up.


No comments: