Thursday, February 11, 2010

7 days, 7 restaurants. 7 friends

Have you ever wanted to go on a culinary adventure? Well I have. I think that I should start instituting a new game (or at least something to do in my spare time) called "7 Days, 7 Restaurants, 7 Friends".

The premise is the following:
  1. I block 7 days on my schedule (not sure if they need to be consecutive) to go on a culinary adventure around D.C.
  2. I visit 7 restaurants to try a specific type of cuisine (think Pad Thai, Spicy Tuna, etc)
  3. I take 7 friends with me (we don't all have to go to the same places) to sit down and judge the food. Hmmm... this spicy tuna is good, but I really liked the combo with the avocado instead of the cucumber, it had a better texture.
I then take my thoughts, turn it into something magical and retire... Wait... ok... that isn't realistic, but do you get the picture.

Here is a list of potential items to scrutinize the city for (in advance I'll write up some guidelines like this for guacamole: it must be fresh, if it has sour cream, I'll just walk out without paying, I like it to be chunky, but am amenable to creamy varieties, I prefer fresh veggies in it, but am open to the types we'll have).:

  • Wings
  • Spicy tuna roll
  • Mussels
  • Fries
  • Guacamole
  • Fried green tomatoes
  • Bruschetta
  • Calamari
  • Margaritas
  • Sliders
  • Tortilla soup
  • Mac and cheese
  • Pad thai
  • Marinara sauce
  • Late night food
  • Edamame
Just think of all the people that I could help if I finish this adventure... maybe not that many, but it would still be fun

No comments: