Sunday, January 31, 2010

So I was that Gal!

I am walking down the street, listening to my ipod, typing on my bberry when my cell rings. This is ridiculous. I felt like I was in the movie "He's Just Not that Into You" and Drew Barrymore is discussing how you have to be rejected twenty different ways (although I was not being rejected by anyone).

I often wonder if the digital age is too stimulating and what it would be like to go a week without my blackberry and cellphone. Then I think... no freaking way. my blackberry saves me from lugging home my work computer, it talks to me and tells me... "Hey idiot, don't forget to go to school tonight and oh, did you remember to do you paper."

Although it can be embarassing how much we're tied to our digital compatriots (that is right... I used the word compatriots) I think it does help to organize life, especially a life where if I don't right it down and my phone doesn't beep, then I would miss out on a whole lot in life.

Maybe I'll go digi-free sometime, but now is not it, even if I am that Gal!

No comments: