Friday, August 7, 2009

Today was a good day - I got to try out a new Metro Bus



My excitement for today was trying out a new Metro bus. I've seen them cruising around the city... Showing off because they are all fancy and all.

First of all, the bus looks sleek. It is low to the ground, makes it extremely easy for disabled patrons to jump on board. It even has its own ramp.

It also has amazing air conditioning. This may not mean a lot to everyone, but for me, after I walked two miles in work clothes, it was a welcome addition.

I am riding in the upper compartment (I like to think of it as first class, despite the fact that it is in the back of the bus). It is swanky, nice new floors, padded, ergonomic chairs.. I almost feel like a princess. Partially because of the nice chairs and partially because the bus is so polite. I wish her politeness would rub off on others.

Another wonderful thing about this bus is the wide aisles, suitable for many people standing (they also have ample hand rails at good heights - I just hate it when I have to stand on my tip toes to reach the bar... It wears out my arm pit by the end of the journey.)

Ok, I think that is all of the nice things I can say about a bus. I bet you can't wait until you get to try one. Now only if they could fix that metro...

No comments: