Monday, August 10, 2009

So I Listened to a Phil Collin's Song and Enjoyed It...

Speaking of bad music... many of you may know that I have an aversion to Phil Collins. I don't know why it particularly annoys me (but it really really does). To me, listening to a Phil Collins song is about as enjoyable as a root canal.

I've been trying to understand why I am not a fan. Did something happen when I was a child? Did I have an evil babysitter that played Genesis over and over and over again? Was a random scary hostel in Europe playing his songs and I associated cold sleepless nights with him? I have no idea, but I'm assuming that it is none of the above.

I really started noticing my hatred for Phil Collins about 8 years ago... my friends like him (just like they enjoyed Journey) but there was something about him that I couldn't stand (picture in your head, the scene from 40 Year Old Virgin when Paul Rudd loses his mind over Michael McDonnell... this is how strongly I feel about Phil Collins).



Regardless of my history, I was listening to my iPOD and I found myself enjoying a Phil Collins song. I am still in shock because this has never happened to me before.

Have you ever had one of those moments in life that really throws you for a loop? This was one of them for me. After I realized what happened, I found myself wondering...
  1. Am I back in middle school where we're hosting a backwards day (remember when you wore your clothes backwards and though you were so cool)?
  2. Did I take something I shouldn't have?
  3. Are my friends evil and playing a trick on me? (i.e. are they magically hypnotizing me at night by playing Phil Collins while I sleep?)

Until I find the answer, I am sure I will be restless, because this is very unsettling because a Modern Woman would never rest until she found her answers in life and everything is as it should be.

No comments: