Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Busch Lite vs. Beer

Do you remember the days when you thought Miller Lite was a "nice" beer and only reserved for special occasions? I do, and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Now I feel like Miller is my cheap beer and I only drink it during football season, my how things have changed.

I was walking in Georgetown and thought to myself... I bet that is a student house, not because the house wasn't nice, but because of the cardboard boxes of Busch Lite nicely folded in the recycling bin. Remember those days? The days when you had to think twice about chipping in $5 for another case of beer. The days where your biggest decision was Hamms Lite or Natty Lite. The days when you had to restrain yourself from going out 6 days a week.

Ahh... I miss those days.... Sometimes.

Today I find myself becoming a beer connoisseur. Choosing between one Belgian Seasonale vs. a dry Japanese beer or a dark lager. Not that I am complaining. I love beer and I love trying new beer. What do they call a somelier for beer? Because I want to be that! But I do sometimes miss the days when $8 for a 24 pack would make me happy.

Sigh...

For the record, I just counted. I have 22 varieties of beer in my fridge right now (alas only a few bottles of each, but still). Yet, I don't have any Miller Lite. I must rectify this because as good as some beers are. A Mondern Woman knows that sometimes your nned a Miller Lite and Def Leopard to cure your ills!

No comments: