Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lou lou skip to my lou

Here is a random thought of the day... when was the last time that you went skipping?

Do you remember when you were a kid and would spend the afternoon running and skipping around the back yard.  I remember that I loved to skip.  In fact, I broke my wrist once while I was skipping (but that is a whole different story).

But seriously, what would happen if we skipped to work instead of walking.  What about running?  Is skipping an appropriate cardio workout?  I remember when I was in elementary school and we had to run a mile.  I decided to skip it and got in trouble for not jogging.  I ask you... what is the big deal.


Skipping is fun.  Skipping makes me laugh.  And yes, I did actually attempt it in the last 24 hours.  I looked and felt like a moron, but in a glorious way.

Why don't we skip?  Are we too old and mature to pretend we're young and carefree again?  I say no.  I also suggest that you give it a whirl in this next week.  Who knows, perhaps we'll start a new trend.

What's the worst that could happen, we pretend that we're six again, even if it is for 15 minutes.

No comments: