Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sometimes I wonder... what the heck are guys thinking?

Last night was a low key night out on the town... nothing special, just a few fun adventures.  But what struck me the most is the behavior of the guys around town. 

Example 1 - Backhanded terrible compliments: I went to have a quick beer with a friend. He said... "wow Amy, when you clean yourself up you can look pretty f'ing hot." As soon as it came out of his mouth, he knew I'd be mad.  I get it, I am tired most of the time, but I still enjoy watching a good game and having some fun in life.  Can we just focus on that... and not the under eye concealer that I wear.

Example 2 - Largeness: Lately, I've found that large men like to stand in front of me.  On Wednesday night, it was during the Caps game. I had to tap this guy on the shoulder and ask him to move (I'd been there for a few hours at this point).  Last night, it was at a concert.  There were two incidents at the concert. One was a large dude and I bobbed and weaved until I could see.  The second was someone will inexplicably large hair.  It was totally fro-ing out (is that even a word?).  Anyway, my friend was complaining that his hair was taking up the whole stage (it was).  He turned around and we saw that it was a she... meep (awkward turtle...)... but still folks...

Example 3 - T-Shirts: Guys, if you're going to wear a t-shirt into a bar then you must must must NOT tuck it in.  This is especially true when it comes into sports t-shirts (I do have a waiver for the Gap shirt guys like to wear... I will make some exceptions for this... some).  Please do not tuck in your sports t-shirt, wear loaders, hang a visor on your belt buckle and try to pick up my friend and I.  It won't work.  We'll only mock you.  Albeit your efforts were good, you came off like a tool.  Sir... do you realize that you were wearing a Beijing Olympics t-shirt, pretending you went to the Olympics, only after a few questions you quickly revealed that you hadn't been out of the country.  Really?!?

To the "men" of Washington, DC - It is spring. Girls will be wearing sun dresses.  Everyone will be out all around town.  Let's get your act together. The summer is full of possibilities.  Get your kinks out today.

Signed - Women of Washington.

No comments: