Thursday, March 3, 2011

Which Buffett would you like to be?

The question of the day... which Buffett would you like to be?  Jimmy Buffett or Warren Buffett?

The case for Jimmy Buffett:
  • A "chill" lifestyle, playing island music
  • Rum, margarita's, and all sorts of delicious drinks at anytime of the day without judgment.
  • Living in tropical locations and traveling throughout the world
  • The symbol of having a good time and relaxing
  • Building a phenomenal business model based on Margaritaville
  • Being generally jovial and happy all of the time
The case for Warren Buffett:
  • An economic force embodied within one man.
  • Money, and I'm not talking about only one private jet type of money.
  • Phenomenal philanthropist who believes in giving back to the community.
  • Adviser for world leaders.
  • Not afraid to tell him children/grandchildren that they're spoiled and cut them off
While I wouldn't mind being either Buffett, the question remains... which one would I prefer?  The intellectual side of me admires Warren and how one man can change the world with intelligence and good ideas.  Jimmy, on the other hand, reminds me that I can't forget to relax and have fun in life.  

In this point in my life, I think relaxing is sounding very good (maybe is is just because I'm stressed about finishing grad school...) and today... I'd choose to be Jimmy Buffett.

Who would you pick?

No comments: