Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Inverse Underwear Correlation

Is there an inverse correlation between how nice your clothes are and the quality of underwear that you are wearing?

I will be the first to admit that I think this statement is true.  But perhaps it is just true for girls, or maybe just me.  

Before I get too much farther, let me set the stage for you.  I own a lot of underwear.  This is not because I particularly have a thing for underwear, but it is because I am lazy when it comes to doing laundry.  It didn't take me a long time to discover that the more underwear you have, the less frequently you have to do laundry... Fantastic!

Overtime, like many people I suppose, I have built up an underwear collection.  You have your work / nice underwear, your athletic underwear, and then the dreaded special occasion underwear. For some people, this underwear is all of the same, for others, they may have even more categories, but for now, go with me on this for a little bit.  Generally you can balance out your everyday attire with your underwear, mostly because you've reached this symbiotic relationship in your underwear drawer.  

I will spare you the mundane details and summarize my thoughts with the following...  but then you inevitably didn't plan something right and you end up wearing sweats and your fancy underwear.  Or, in most guys case... a tuxedo with ripped boxers.

Has this ever happened to you?  Maybe it is just me... :-/

No comments: