Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Face it. Most Ideas Never Happen

I saw that quote today and it was very motivating.  Why? Because I think that it is true.  People talk a big game.  People get passionate about something.  But what do they really do about it?

I have many (many) passions in life.  My problem is, I don't have enough time to act upon them all.  I've been wanting to kick the Contemporary Braintrust (a non-profit advocacy organization) into high gear.  The organization would focus on generational issues from a economically conservative yet socially liberal point of view. 

I am of the philosophy that you need to make things happen in life if you ever want to get anything done.  Is this because I don't trust anyone or that people disappoint me because of a lack of comittment? Because I'm overly ambitious? Because I'm never satisified?  I don't know.  Perhaps it is a combination of the above.

Regardless, it makes me think a little more about my philsophy on life... one that often includes sayings like... "You can sleep when you're dead" or something adapted from Talledega Nights "If you're not living, you're dying".  I find that as much as it feels good to take a night off and watch TV or read a book, there are so many things that I miss out on in the meantime.

To my friends and readers out there.  Beware, because this means that I'll really be pushing to get my organization off the ground... just hang in there with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the idea of the Contemporary Braintrust. Especially since I am personally fiscally conservative and socially liberal. And, you know, b/c I still consider myself part of the Trust. ;) Good luck, Ames!