Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mimosa's!!!

Yes, not only are Mimosa's a fabulous drink, there is also a salon in DC that is named Mimosa's an serves Mimosa's on Sunday's. Now isn't that a fabulous idea. Mimosa's and I have a love hate relationship (the salon and I not the drink... the drink and I just love each other).

I think that Mimosa's has the best pedicure chairs (yes... this is one of the primary criteria by which I judge salons) but they will also give you wine... and keep giving you wine until you have no excuse but to get up from your chair. If you time it just right your fabulous $28 pedicure can not only yield a fabulously relaxing pedicure for 3 glasses of WINE!!!! Yes you heard me right... since when can you have three glasses of wine in DC for under $30? Hardly ever. Yes ladies, you should check this out.

Now to the hate part of my relationship with Mimosa's. I love the fact that I can go into the salon after work, get a pedicure, manicure, highlights, and a haircut for under $150 (plus tip of course). But last week when I went, I was enjying myself, seemed pleased with everything (including my hair) and came home to crash).

The next day woke up and didn't like my hair... at all. I wasn't sure if it was because my hair hasn't settled into it's new styleyet or if because I am really unhappy with the color, the stylist refuses to put layers into my hair or what. Anyway, I feel that I look like a teenager... who dipped her head in koolaid...YUCK.

I am not sure what to do now. If I get the cut fixed... it ill be really really short, if I change the color myself, who knows what will happen.

This is what a Modern Woman must face... an awesome salon (with pedicures) but bad hair style... do I go back? Of course... what do I say whe he hair comes up.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

No comments: