Friday, March 13, 2009

Visit to Universal Studios

Drinking beer while standing in line for a Nickelodeon ride at Universal Studios seemed wrong, however drinking beer while in line for the Simpsons ride seemed much more appropriate. Apparently Back to the Future is no longer a ride at Universal. Let's pause for a moment of silence..... Ok, now back to my stories of Universal.

We drove down to the park because Barenaked Ladies were playing at Mardi Gras. Apparently even a week celebration can be turned into a theme park. Although, this is nothing like the real Mardi Gras. At the real Mardi Gras you don't see elderly driving around in scooters and taking jello shots, by taking jello shots, I mean taught how to take a jello shot by a teenager. Not that I'm an expert, but they were teaching them the wrong technique... So I judged a little. Next you saw little kids going around a begging for beads. Fortunately they didn't make them bare all to get them (perhaps there is a little more tact here than at the REAL one).

I've been wanting to see BNL for a while and it must have been fate that had them playing tonight. I've never been to a concert before, but I am sure the universal crowd isn't typical (Nelly is playing here is a month, wish I could see the crowd for that). At this BNL concert, you had the typical attraction visitors, sunburned, fanny pack wearing, I have kids that ate too much sugar crowd. Now while at times this can be endearing, this time was decidedly not!

So I don't know if you know this, but apparently BNL recently released a kids album. Let's just say that I was less than amused to find out after traveling down to Universal for the concert.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: