Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fridges - Scary Caves or Palaces of Wonder?

As I am getting ready to head out on a long trip, I was surveying my fridge and checking out what I had in there.  I started to notice a trend... lots of beverages (water bottles, BEER... lots and lots of beer, wine), fresh vegetables, a bunch of random sauces / condiments, and spoiled yogurts (yum).

I then started to think about the things that I must always have in my fridge.

  1. Cottage Cheese - I love cottage cheese mixed with apple sauce (don't judge it is awesome... when I was little we called it goofy boofy.  I even ate it for dinner last night).
  2. Pickles - Because I have a salt tooth and who doesn't love a nice, crispy, tangy bite.
  3. Applesauce - see cottage cheese.
  4. Red Peppers - They go with everything and don't spoil easily.
  5. Beer - at least 12 different varieties because you don't know what you may be in the mood for.
  6. Cheese - I am not picky on the type, as long as there is a little sumthin' sumthin'
  7. Pepsi - I know it is bad, but I need caffeine. 
  8. Chicken Breasts - Frozen so that I can use them when I want.
  9. Honey Mustard - You'd be surprised at how many things it goes with.
  10. Brita - Filled pitchers of brita water.
This also led me to think about the things I always buy, yet seem to spoil before I finish them:
  1. Milk - I think fresh milk tastes better, yet I like to use it sparingly.  
  2. Yogurt - they get shoved into the back of the fridge and I forget about them. 
  3. Bunches of vegetables - I am single. I buy fresh veggies.  I try to only make one portion at a time. 
  4. Sour Cream - Great ingredient, but not something for every day use.
  5. Roasted Red Peppers - There is usually a layer of mold on the top... gross.
  6. Leftovers - I just really don't like leftovers and then they grow mold - GROSS!
So the question remains... what is (or is not) in your fridge.  More importantly, what does it mean?

I think that my fridge lets people know that I like to cook (fresh veggies), I like to party (hello random beer), but yet I am easily distracted (hello spoiled food).  Also - I like dairy.

1 comment:

Michael Sheen said...

Thanks in your astonishing posting! I definitely enjoyed studying it, you may be a outstanding creator.I can make certain to bookmark your blog and in reality will come returned from now on. I want to inspire you to retain your incredible posts, have a nice day!

fridges for sale in sharjah