Monday, October 4, 2010

Flying Too Much

My DC friends will tell you that I have been MIA for weeks.  This is because I've been traveling all of the time.  I'm not going to lie, it is tiring, but I've had some fun times in the past month and a half. For those of you who know me, you know that I am fortunate enough to be a fairly experienced traveler, yet some of the things I've experienced in the past weeks are somewhat inexplicable.

American Airlines is now my least favorite airline.  I will only fly them at last resort. I travel frequently and I can usually carry on my bag, yet they always make me check it at the gate.  I've never not been able to fit it, yet they seem to think that they are better than the rest of the airlines.  I get why they are doing it... to prevent the people who don't fly and can't lift their bag from taking up too much time.  However, I can do it.  So American... when you stop being a pain, please let me know and I will start to fly you again. For the record, this happened three times within two weeks.  I was so frustrated that I actually changed airlines for the remainder of one of my trips.

Children on planes can either be entertaining or annoying. My parents live in Orlando, so my flights to visit them are usually full of kids hyped up and parents (who don't hang out with their kids on a daily basis and can't control them).  I recently had a screwdriver spilled in my lap from a mom who needed it to get through the flight and a kid who couldn't be controlled. I think there should be a no children under the age of 9 section.  I say this really enjoying children, but not enjoying having drinks spilled in my lap, a kid kicking my seat, and the screaming (oh! the screaming!).

My mom was recently shushed on a flight (not that I blame her, listening to the opening announcement which we've heard a hundred times is only so entertaining).  I personally think that is the FAA lightened up a bit and let the flight attendants have some fun that people would pay attention.



That is all for now! 

No comments: