Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Studying and Judging Myself

I am studying for my last econometrics exam today (can I get a hell ya!). And instead of being scooped up in my condo, I wanted to go study outside. Besides I figured Rockne would enjoy spending the day outside.

So we walked down to the park and picked a nice shady spot out on the hill (PS as I am writing this it is about 98 and humid). He spent the afternoon protecting me. I spent the afternoon studying and listening to country music.

I was thinking of anyone else around me (because there wasn't really anyone around) and I started singing. I was the Dixie Chicks and I couldn't help myself.

As a side note, I was a huge fan in college and then they just dropped off my radar.

Next thing I know, I am singing (because I still know every freakin' word to their songs). I didn't think anything of it until people started staring at me. Hmmm. I didn't think I was that loud.



Ironically, I think the wind was carrying my voice and since I'm such a bad singer it just amplified the gloriousness (not sure if that is even a word).

It is a good thing I don't get embarrassed easily because I was pretty bad. If you want to hear Amy bring you the Dixie Chicks (live in concert) just buy me some whiskey, put the music on in the background and watch out.

No comments: