Monday, March 29, 2010

The NFL Draft

The draft is coming up in a few weeks, rather than dwell on the fact the draft is on a Thursday night, I will just dwell on the Jimmy Claussen part of the draft.

Now, I have been judged time and time again for my "irrational" hatred of Jimmy. Ok, maybe hatred is too stong of a word, but for some reason I was never a fan.

I was reading a blog article today, and came across this statement:
"To be perfectly honest, I don't expect to convince anyone. At this point, if you still aren't a Jimmy Clausen fan, you just have some irrational hatred either for him personally or for Notre Dame, because there is no logical reason not to have him as a top-10 player in the 2010 NFL Draft and easily the most sure-fire quarterback in the class. Really, I just want one post to point to that says "You're stupid" whenever I read the same, tired, dumb arguments for why Clausen doesn't deserve a first-round grade. " Jimmy Claussen is an Alien Wizard.

Let's talk about this for a minute.  Why don't I like Jimmy?  Besides the fact that he looks like an ostritch and does not look anything like Brady Quinn?



Well, to be honest, I don't know. Maybe I am being irrational.  If he goes to the Redskins, like they are predicting, then maybe I will end up a fan.  Alas, only time will tell, for now... I'll just be irrational.

No comments: